Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Working out

I am finding that I have little time to work out and its driving me insane.  I like to walk at the very least and really don't have time for even that.  I think that television has something to do with my lack of inspiration when it comes to working out because at the end of the day, all I want to do is veg in front of it and turn off from my extraordinarily busy day.  I don't think I'm alone in this venture. Yet, I know several people who do not do this.  Instead, they work out.  It sounds insane to me - to work out at 7 or 8 o'clock at night - but it seems to work for them.

I was talking to a co-working this morning who said that after working 2 hours overtime, he had dinner, spent time with his son and then worked out for an hour and a half.  He then showered and went to bed at 11:00.  He was at work at 5:30 this morning.  Now, granted, he is 24 and all us older, wiser folks know that only a young person can do that.  If I tried, I would be dead within about 3 days.  But, the one thing he told me was that he doesn't watch TV.  No wonder he has time to workout!!

Greg and I got rid of our cable so that Matthew would not grow up glued to the TV and be more interested in other things like reading.  We have found however, that the shows we regularly watch are on standard TV and we never really needed cable. As a result, we haven't stopped watching TV at all! 

I have a feeling that turning off the TV or rather, pushing play to work out, is going to be more of a challenge than eating clean. I will need to chose picking up a book instead of turning on American Idol.  Strange that it seems like something I have to train myself to do - just like I need to train myself to eat clean and exercise.

0 comments: