Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blogs, Blogs Everywhere

I have become hooked to blogs and blogging. Every second I have, I click the Next Blog button and peek into the lives of people I’ve never met.


It was this way that I discovered, and have become a fan of, The Sassy Curmudgeon, a humorously written blog that I think every woman in America can identify with. This blog was listed as a Blog of Note for the month. It has led me to other blogs, some of which are newer than mine but already have quite a following.

I have to say that I’m a little jealous that I haven’t had anyone follow my blog. Perhaps I’m just not as witty a writer. Maybe my blog is too filled with angst or perhaps I’m not as interesting a person as I have convinced myself I am. My two teenagers constantly remind me how un-cool I am, despite my lame efforts to be “sick” (the new slang for “cool”). I fear that my blogging may lead to the same conclusion: I am so not cool.

Funny, I read an article this morning about embracing your inner nerd as far as movies are concerned. We all have our guilty pleasures that link us to nerd-hood. I think that is why I like The Sassy Curmudgeon so much. She owns her inner nerd while being one of the coolest (sickest) bloggers around.

I was reading her blog today and she linked to another blog called Fabulous in Park Slope – another blog about being rich, skinny and fabulous in New York. In essence, a Sex in the City-type blog about fashion. Strangely, I always thought of myself as fabulous and yet if I gauged myself by FiPS, I would be sorely lacking. I think I may be too practical to be fabulous. Hot pink purses just don’t suit me, nor do Loubitans (hell, I can’t even walk in high heels anymore!). Give me a good pair of loafers and Levi’s and I’m set!

0 comments: