Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Hugs and Kisses

Matthew is not very cuddly. He doesn’t like to hug and kiss like most babies do. He is far too busy exploring his world to be bothered with giving affection to mom and dad. He doesn’t want to miss a bit of the world around him, so voracious his curiosity. While I embrace his need for exploration, I would love to be able to just hug my little boy for a brief moment and enjoy holding him.


He allowed me to do that last night for the first time. He was exhausted from his day and he spent about 15 minutes wanting mommy, then wanting daddy. He rested his head on our shoulders, sucked his thumb and both mom and dad reveled in this quiet moment.

I wish we had more of them.

On a different note, I've come to the conclusion that I will most likely have to cook my meals for the week on the weekend.  That way, I can come home and just put dinner in the oven.  I have precious little time to be cooking dinner every night (especially if I ever want to begin exercising again) and my demanding child keeps my attention on him for the most part.  Fast food dinners will quickly get boring and I'm running out of things to make in a few minutes.  Even crock pot dinners require prep time - something that I just don't have if I want to get in some exercise time.

Hence, I think this weekend I will put aside some time and make a few dinners.  Wish me luck!

0 comments: