Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Looney Tunes

The Phoenix Airport has a satellite gallery of the Phoenix Art Museum that usually features local artists but sometimes showcases modern art from all over the world. So, while I was waiting for my daughter's plane to take of on Saturday morning, I had the opportunity to peruse the gallery offerings. 

That morning, the gallery was showing original artwork by Chuck Jones. What a gift!!  I saw original pencil drawings of Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck as well as original still life oils and cells from many of the Looney Toons cartoons. In addition, a television was playing a documentary on Chuck Jones with interviews from everyone - still alive - who were involved in the Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes cartoons.  It discussed how the characters had developed and the funny situations they were put in. 

I sat there, watching the documentary for 20 minutes, laughing out loud at the cartoons, until my toddler got bored enough to be a problem.  I reluctantly had to leave but I thoroughly enjoyed watching those wonderfully funny cartoons.

When I got home, I promptly put in my Looney Tunes Golden Edition DVD.












0 comments: