Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's been a long time.

Hi Everyone!

I've been horribly absent the past few months.  Spring has certainly sprung here in the desert and I've been busy working in the yard, getting my vegetable garden up to snuff now that the frosts have gone.  Spring break vacations, family visiting from out of town, my own vacation, etc., etc.  Not a very good start for blogging.

Here are some pictures of our small vegetable plot. 



We have a huge yard that I just hate to see go to waste.  I've gotten into organic eating and urban gardening of late so my husband and I decided to begin our own urban vegetable garden. 

The birds however, had other ideas and decided that our vegetable garden was their buffet.



One idea I read about online to scare the birds was to put fake snakes in the garden.  It didn't work and we found many peaches on the ground with holes in them.  Next, I read that hanging old CDs in the trees scared the birds away.

Success!!!





We will be making a CD sculpture for our veggie plot.  Keeping our fingers crossed on that one.

I've joined the jeans sew-a-long at Male Pattern Boldness here.  Peter is wonderful!

I've also joined Debbie Doos chalk paint giveaway here.  I hear this paint is the best!

In addition, I've joined the Bella Inspirations giveaway here. at No Minimalist Here blog.

0 comments: